|Sathorn Bridge Pier on Chao Phraya River, Bangkok|
|Truncated map of BTS Sky Train Bangkok|
|Tourist Information Center on Saphan Taksin Sky Train Station, Bangkok|
|Way to the Sathorn Bridge Pier from Saphan Taksin Sky Train Station Bangkok|
Chao Phraya Tourist Boat - One Day Pass
|Chao Phraya Tourist Boat Ticket Office Sathorn Pier Bangkok|
An easy way to visit all the major attractions including the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun, etc. is to buy an unlimited ride pass on the Chao Phraya Tourist Boat. The one day pass costs 150 Thai Baht per person and is valid for unlimited rides from 09.30 AM to 4.00 PM. The tourist boat operated by the Chao Phraya Express Boat Company leaves Sathorn Pier every 30 minutes and connects a total of 8 piers on the river:
1. Sathorn Pier - Starting point
2. Oriental Pier (N1) - Various hotels
3. Si Phraya Pier (N3) - River City
4. Rajchawong Pier (N5) - China Town
5. Tha Tien Pier (N8) - Wat Pho, Wat Arun (other side of the river via another boat)
6. Maharaj Pier (Special River Pier) - Grand Palace
7. Wang Lang Pier (N 10) - Siriraj Hospital and Museum
8. Phra Arthit Pier (N 13) - Khao San
One can get on and off at any pier to visit the nearby attractions.Passengers are allowed to take any other Chao Phraya Express Boat within the same route from 9.30 AM to 7.30 PM using the tourist boat one day pass. It is possible to take a taxi from Grand Palace or Wat Pho (eastern side of the river) to shopping areas of Bangkok (MBK etc.) without going back by boat to Sathorn Pier.
|Posted by Narinder Singh|
Get FREE Desiyatri updatesGet all new Desiyatri articles in your email for free.
Delivered by Google Feedburner.
No spam, I respect your privacy.