Luggage Storage: Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport has two Left Luggage Service Counters for temporarily storing baggage at the airport. The first Left Baggage Service Counter is located on the second floor arrival hall, near baggage claims. The second counter is located on the 4th floor Departure Hall behind check-in counter queue. Storage charges for each piece of luggage are 100.00 for a 24 hour period. Luggage stored for a period of over 24 hours is charged at the rate of THB 50.00 for 12 hour period and a part of the 12 hours is charged at THB 50.00. Any baggage stored for more than three months gets charged at the rate of 200 THB per day. Baggage not collected within six months becomes the property of the storage office.
|Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Left Luggage Office|
There are restrictions on certain items as these cannot be deposited at the counters. These are: Jewelry, watches, antiques, gold, cash, credit cards, perishable goods, fragile articles, electric appliances, mobile phone, shaver, CD player, MP3 player, portable computer, camera (film or digital), and video camera. Phone number of baggage storage: 0-2134-7795-6
Free Internet Kiosks and WiFi Internet Service
These are to be found only in the departure area after security. The browser versions are old, some of the keyboards do not work properly and some of the sites do not open. Still, I think those kiosks are good for checking your email. A simple one-click login allows you a surfing time of 15 minutes after which you need to login again.
Free WiFi Internet
It is called "AOT Free WiFi by TrueMove H" and allows passengers to use 120 minutes of free WiFi internet everyday by following an online registration process. This is how it goes:
1. Enable your WiFi connection and out of the available networks, select "AOTFreeWIFIbyTRUE". You will be connected immediately.
2. Open your browser. The browser should open the login page of AOT Free WiFi automatically.
3. On this login page, look for a link named "Get FREE WiFi".
4. Clicking this link will take you to a registration page where you need to enter your name, email id, country and passport number.
5. When you click "Register", a username and password will be sent to your email. You need to return to the login page and enter the login id and password. Return to the login page and enter the login id and password. These can be used across six airports in Thailand - Suvarnabhumi, Don Muang, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, and Hat Yai subject to a limit of 2 hours each day.
I have used this service in the departure area after security. The internet speed is really good but not sure if it will work outside the departure area. Maybe it will.
|Posted by Narinder Singh|