|Country Inn Vijay Nagar Indore|
|Lobby of Country Inn Vijay Nagar Indore|
On the positive side, as I already said, the location of this Country Inn could not be better. The best hotels of Indore are in the vicinity in case one is looking to hold some business meetings. There is a shopping mall nearby called Mangal City, and a really nice restaurant - Apna Sweets, serving local and fusion food at really cheap prices. The room I got, presumably an upgrade, was OK with a writing desk, a king bed, a locker, a small TV and a mini bar which had a limited stock of things but nothing expensive. The bathroom, although small, was clean. The other plus point of course is the hotel's affiliation with Club Carlson hotel loyalty program which is really liberal with benefits like room upgrades, point earning promotions, and easy redemption. Yet, this hotel came up so short on a few vital things that even the Club Carlson benefits failed to make my stay here worthwhile.
|Deluxe Room Country Inn Vijay Nagar Indore|
|Country Inn Vijay Nagar Indore Deluxe Room|
|Deluxe Room in Country Inn Vijay Nagar Indore|
Problems with Country Inn Vijay Nagar Indore
1. The breakfast quality was really poor, as if no one cared about what kind of food was served there. The pre-cooked food was tasteless, the sauteed vegetables did not look clean as if cooked straight without any cleaning and even the live cooking station served a Dosa that failed the taste test.
|Coffee Shop at Country Inn Vijay Nagar Indore|
2. There were no bathroom slippers in the room (INR 4200 a night!) but they managed a cheap pair when I asked for it. The Park Plaza on Soi 18 Bangkok provides deluxe slippers for the same priced rooms.
|Dirty Leaky Coffee Maker in Country Inn Vijay Nagar Indore|
3. The tea/coffee maker was so dirty that the bottled water I poured in it became grey when heated. Then the kettle started leaking. Next day they changed that when I complained.
4. There was free WiFi in the room but you have to register and then wait for a manual approval from the front desk. To be fair to them, the WiFi speed was great when it finally connected.
5. The TV in the room was too small. They could have at least given a 32 inch TV for INR 4200 a night.
6. The bathroom in room 314 (upgraded from Standard) was too small. I wonder how small their Standard bathroom will be.
7. The A.C. controller in the room was defective that worked some times but failed at other times. Did not cool properly and that would have been a problem if I had stayed here during a summer month.
8. There were no ramps for moving bags either in the lobby floor which is uneven or outside at the entry to the hotel. Obviously there are no ramps for handicapped access.
9. The staff at the front desk were reluctant in updating my Club Carlson number in the booking system. They kept saying that I would not get any points because I did not do my booking with clubcarlson.com.
To sum it up, all I can say is Country Inn Vijay Nagar Indore is good only if you get a room here at a big discount. Certainly not worth the price that I paid.
Country Inn Indore Booking Site
|Posted by Narinder Singh|