Cambodia is a country bordering Thailand which has the world heritage Angkor Archaeological Complex in its city of Siem Reap. Most of us have heard of Angkor Wat and if you have not seen it, its certainly worth a visit. Siem Reap can be reached within an hour’s flight from Bangkok and there are daily bus services that connect Bangkok with not only Siem Reap but also with Cambodia’s capital city – Phnom Penh. These bus services are not expensive and are easy to book for anyone. While Siem Reap has Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh also has a few attractions of its own like one of Asia’s largest casinos – NagaWorld. There are memorials associated with Pol Pot of the Khmer Rouge in Phnom Penh, kind of depressing but some people like to visit those.
The country is safe for tourists except when Cambodia’s immigration officials try to fleece money from them but that problem can be mostly avoided by travelling to and from Cambodia by air. Cambodia offers visa on arrival to citizens of most countries at a fee of 30 USD. And that reminds me to mention that USD is the primary currency of Cambodia as far as tourists are concerned. Prices of goods are services are generally marked and quoted in USD so carry a lot of USD in smaller denominations.
While good quality buses connect the cities of Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, there is no local public transport which means that one needs to rely on Tuk Tuks. Cambodia Tuk Tuk is the real Indo-China Tuk Tuk which is a cart pulled by a two wheeler.
Vegetarian food is available everywhere in Cambodia for those who care. Massage is cheap and good, again available everywhere just like Thailand. Here is a list of all my articles on Cambodia which I update periodically on a best effort basis:
- Cambodia Visa on Arrival
- Cambodia e-Visa
- Cambodia Visa / Immigration Scams
- Extend Your Thailand Holiday To Cambodia
- Cambodia Prepad SIM Card for Tourists
- Direct Bus From Bangkok to Siem Reap and Phnom Penh
- Road Trip from Siem Reap To Bangkok
- Mekong Express Bus Between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh
See and Do in Cambodia
- One Day in Angkor Archaeological Park
- Phnom Bakheng Sunset at Angkor Park
- Apsara Show in Siem Reap
- The Spa at NagaWorld Phnom Penh
Vegetarian Food in Cambodia
- Angkor Cafe near Angkor Wat
- Khmer Chef Siem Reap
- The Blue Pumpkin Restaurants in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh
- ‘The Vegetarian’ Restaurant Phnom Penh